We made up our mind: we are leaving for the United States. But we are now facing many surprising reactions from our friends and family…
It wasn’t an easy choice, but now we know for sure that we are leaving France. And we’d like people to show more support. Instead, we’ve got to respond to awkward questions such as:
- What are you gonna do over there? You’ll be a housewife?
- Do you actually quit your job? Do you think about your retirement plan?
- Boston? The city looks like a European city: perfect, you won’t have homesickness. So what’s the point of leaving?
- Boston? The weather is awful, you’ll be freezing.
- You know it’s very expensive in the US to go to a doctor?
- There is no way you’ll have children over there!?
- You’ll get fat.
Let’s take a deep breathe and try to show to my fellow that the United States are not so bad.