Some people love Florida because it’s always sunny, others despite it because the place is too shallow. If you live in a place where winter lasts too long, you would probably be delighted to spend a few days in Southern Florida: that’s how I felt last April, and I was glad to come back tanned but also amazed by all the incredible attractions I found there. Here’s my list of 25 things I loved in Florida:
(1) Walking along Ocean Drive in Miami Beach.
(4) Touring in the extravagant Vizcaya House.
(7) Snorkeling in the Keys! And meet sharks.
(10) Learn more about 2 great American inventors: Ford and Edison, in Fort Myers.
(13) Watching otters playing at the museum of discovery and science in Fort Lauderdale.
(2) Driving by night between Miami Beach and Downtown Miami.
(5) Walking in the Everglades.
(8) Seing dolphins in the waves of Naples.
(11) Walking among silly wealthy Worth Avenue, in Palm Beach.
(14) Discovering a weird utopian socialist cult in the Koreshan Village.
(3) It looks like France… but it’s just the dream of a crazy architect in Coral Gables!
(6) Feeling like vacation forever in Key West.
(9) Taking a nap in the Naples botanical gardens.
(12) Finding some peace and rest at the Bonnet House in Fort Lauderdale.
(15) Pretending I’m design geek at the Cruz Collection, in Miami Design District.
The most gorgeous beaches:
Walking on warm sand feels so good, swimming in shallow water even better. I saw many dolphins, lifeguard huts, cute lighthouse, people happy to relax in their big chairs with cup holders (a real thing).
(16) Miami Beach! So nice with all the buildings behind!
(17) The Treasure Coast,and the Jupiter Lighthouse: this place looks very wild compare to all the concrete you see specially on the East Coast of Florida.
(18) Crandon Beach, on Key Biscayne.
(19) Bahia Honda, in the Keys. So magic.
(20) Naples, gorgeous colors, many seashell!
What do we eat?
This is the question. I had 4 wishes: key lime pie, cocktails, cuban coffee and Crab cakes.
25) I loved the lunch I had on this tiki bar: outside, under the sun, with a light brise. I ate fresh grilled fish, absolutely yummy, hush puppies (weird), and of course, a slice of key lime pie. Floridian dolce vita.
What place/food would you add to this list?