Welcome! My name is Mathilde and I live in Boston, Massachusetts, on the East Coast of the United States. I first got here in January 2012, after quitting my job and leaving my friends and family in Paris. While I was waiting for my authorization of work, I opened this blog and started to talk about my new life here. Europe looks like an old cousin of the US, but honestly, everything is so different that I wanted to talk about it. I have the chance to travel a lot within New England, and in the US in general, and I also post about my trips here and there.
The blog posts are first written in French, and I try to translate most of them in English.
My husband Manu helps me out a lot on the blog: he takes pictures, videos and deals with all the technical issues.
In January 2013, I was contacted by a publisher to work on a tourist guide about Boston and New England. More than a year after, in Feb 2014, here it is: the Guide Vert Michelin is in every French bookstores.
Good to know
- Copyrights : All the contents here are protected under Licence Creative Commons Attribution – No commercial use, no modification.
- You can find me on the major social media:
- I also write on a blog about yoga, all in French, and I wrote a book about yoga published in France, éditions Leduc.s, in February 2014.
You want to know more about me?
I was featured here…
- L’Express Styles: le Top des blogs stylés, The True blog of Mathilde, life in a big American city
- Elle.fr: Mathilde et Manu, the story of a road trip
- Le coin des voyageurs: Being an expat, myth and reality
- Expat Blog: Life in Boston
- Hostel Bookers: best blog in October 2012
- Chroniques de Frenchie: A Frenchie in Boston
- Oui en France: Expat Chichat (in English)
This blog uses Amazon to affiliate commercial links. I got a percentage if you buy stuff from one of the link. This blog only recommends things that I’ve personaly used.
AirBnb coupons are also displayed here, if you subscribe to this service through the blog, we both get a coupon on our next reservation.
Question? Contact me through this form, right here!